Call for About-Face bloggers!
About-Face is on the hunt for smart, sassy, talented bloggers to join our team. If you’re a skilled, passionate writer dedicated to helping young women understand the media’s effects on their body image and self-esteem, we want to hear from you!
What we’re looking for in a regular contributor:
- Commitment: We ask that our bloggers submit a piece for publication every two weeks. Bloggers must be able to adhere to editorial deadlines.
- Communication: Because the About-Face blog team is located all over the world, we need people who can answer emails and communicate with the Blog Manager in a timely manner. This includes working with the blog manager across multiple drafts if necessary.
- Comfort: For us, blogging is practically second nature. It’s something we look forward to with excitement, not something we approach like a school assignment. We’re looking for the same from our blog team—we like to think of our blog as a series of conversations rather than a collection of reports.
What you get:
- Writing experience!
- An audience: About-Face’s blog currently averages 4,500 readers per month! (If you become a regular contributor, your bio will be posted elsewhere on our web site.)
- A chance to make a difference: About-Face’s web site is one of the three ways we equip women and girls with the tools necessary to understand and resist harmful media messages that affect their self-esteem and body image.
Interested? E-mail Melissa at firstname.lastname@example.org with a bit about you (age, location, why you want to write for us) and a topic suggestion.
Can’t wait to hear from you!