9 easy ways you can support women and girls right now
2. Blog. See something sexist? Have something you want to get off your chest? Write about it! I started a feminist Tumblr that focuses on sharing media and stories that support feminism, empower women, and speak to social justice issues.
3. Watch movies and shows with complex female characters, women of color, trans folks, and people who are differently abled. Support the types of media you want to see more of in the world. My current fave? Tina Fey’s new Netflix series, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.
4. Commit to ending sexual violence by signing the It’s On Us pledge. And follow through with action in your everyday life.
6. Support women and girls who compose their own ’zines, blogs, YouTube channels, and any other kind of media.
7. Vote with your wallet. Don’t purchase products that are advertised in a harmful way to women and girls.
9. Believe women and girls. Trust us.
Stacey Speer is a bookworm who loves nature and making people happy. She enjoys utilizing the tools she gained from her Women and Gender Studies degree to critique media and the world around her from a feminist perspective.