Her vodka brand sure isn’t her only worry…
Questions to Consider:
- What product is this advertisement selling?
- What is the woman doing?
- What just happened?
- Do we see the man’s face?
- What is the reflection in the man’s belt buckle?
- Who is in the position of power?
- What emotion does the advertiser want you to feel?
What We Think:
So dangerous: It’s as if we’ve suddenly stepped into a seedy bar and swung open the bathroom stall door, only to find this duo. The woman is like a deer caught in the headlights, and is frantically trying to reapply her lipstick. The man stands confident and strong, but notice we only see his crotch. This ad is offensive to women, and frankly quite disgusting.
— Samantha Lunt (About-Face intern)
London WIJ 8HY
Chris Anderson, Editor in Chief or Chris Mitchell, Vice President and Publisher
525 Third St., Suite 305
San Francisco, CA 94107
Phone: (415) 276-5000
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com