for adult advocates
We define adult advocates as any adult who raises young women (parents, guardians, close relatives), teaches young women (teachers, group leaders), or cares about young women (researchers, friends). Here, you’ll find:
- Information about our popular workshops in the San Francisco Bay Area
- A blog just for adult advocates, “On the Pulse”, where we discuss issues affecting girls and women living in our mainstream media environment
- How to help a young woman in your life as she navigates media messages and her own self-concept
- Resources for you to learn more about what the girls in your life are experiencing.
- A list of media alternatives for girls ages 3-18